General Outcome A
General Outcome B
General Outcome C
General Outcome D
Do It for Life
1. Please use the exercises and activities outlined below to complete the required fitness competencies and skills.
2. Remember that healthy nutrition and staying hydrated are part of a good workout.
3. Remember to keep a record of all your workouts, either written by hand or tracked online using the weekly planner
4. You can choose to follow along with the workout videos for provided or create your own workout plan.
5. You will be asked to submit videos, images and reflections to update your teacher on your growth, progress and development.
6. If you need any support, help or have any questions please contact Mr. Qureshi.
Please reference the PDF document for the correlation and connection to the Physical Education Curriculum guidelines and expectations as outlined by Alberta Education.
What do the Colours Mean?
These are suggested levels, so use them as such. You may find differences depending on your ability and level. Please note that even advanced athletes benefit from using beginner/intermediate drills and skills to build mastery.
Background Knowledge & Skills
Intro and Basics
Learn some of the basic skipping types and styles that you can try at home.
3 Beiginner Tricks
A demonstration and explanation around the basic foundation and skills around skipping rope.
10-30 Minute Workouts
Jump Rope Workouts
Jump Rope Fundamentals
The fundamentals of jump rope for the absolute beginnner. Get a better understanding of the basic movements and how jumping can help you.
3 Beiginner Tricks
A quick guide to learn 3 basic tricks that you can use and learn. These are skills, moves and tricks that you can learn at your own pace.
Follow Along Workout Drills & Programs
A quick follow along workout that you can complete, brought to you by Fitness Blender
A simple 10 minute workout that you can complete at home with a parent, sibling or by yourself.
A simple 15 minute workout that you can complete at home with a parent, sibling or by yourself by the Jump Rope Dudes.
The journey of one adult and how she mastered advanced tricks, and what she learned along the way. Some great tips, examples and guidelines to follow.
Mira explains how to perform more advanced tricks in this quick 3 minute video.